Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What can I do to keep my small dog alive, she won't eat?

She is 9 weeks old and she is a full blooded chiwawa. Spelling is bad LOL.Dr. said give her Karo by eye dropper. She drinks lots of water but won't hardly eat she sleeps a lot.
But, I need help to keep her alive.
Answers:
Hello i have had a puppy to do that too, The reason he did it was due to him being taken from his mother to soon, Here is what i did and also found out. they have a fomula of puppy food that is made by eknuba sorry dont spell very good, that is pasty you mix it with baby formula, I had to feed mine with an eye dropper. also what i found out is that a dog or puppy will not starve them self like a cat will,, When they get hungery enough they finally eat. also it might be from due to stress of leaving her mother and litter mates hope this helps and good luck
Go to another vet and see what help they will give you. Or look up some web sites, usually they have board where you can ask for help, I am sure there are many sites devoted to that breed (I can't spell this morning either) and dog care in general. Good luck, I hope she makes it.
Take her to a vet..don't try to self diagnosis.
Get her to a vet.
VETS now
maybe she isn't completely weaned from her mamma. i would try a puppy formula for awhile
chicken broth.. make her drink chicken broth
Hi . So sad. Keep try'n to give her different things .you SHOULD stumble in the something that she'll take . If you cant find anything soon , go to the Vets!! I wish you GOOD LUCK!
needs additional medical care

some of these cuties have intestinal problems causing bloating and loose bowels

not good that she is not getting nourishment - water is not enough

get her some help as soon as possible

may want to try over the counter milk products for animals thru the dropper until can lap from the bowl

thanks for caring!
Do what "silly" said.. I thought that I was the only one who knew about that. Chicken broth. I boil the chicken carcass/ pour out the broth/cool it/ use a syringe(without the needle) or an eyedropper and squirt it down her throat.

Chicken cooked that way has a form of natural antibiotic in it.
It works great.
angi tube should work!
Cook up a small amout of hamburger and add it to some white cooked rice. The pup will love this and it is good for her.Next I would contact my vet to have her tested to be sure she has no medical problems. At least try getting some of this food in her.I think I would look for another vet as well. Good luck to both you and your puppy.
Did you call a vet or take your pet in.
If you just called.then take her in.
She needs to be looked at. Drinking a lot, not eating, and being lethargic means she needs diagnostic tests run.
ok try some moist dog food mixed with some baby food then sprinkle some garlic seasoning on it mix it together i used to work in a pet store and thats how we got them to eat start off with a small amount and if that dont work then see your vet he might have a cold or something
When my chihuahua was a baby and had a fever, I fed her watermelons. I think it contains a lot of liquid so it will also help hydrate your chihuahua. If this doesn't help -- take her to another vet!
Well if she drinks give her a food that is a liquid.Like you could blend some dog food and water together and feed it to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment