Thursday, July 30, 2009

what cause a dog to have a seizure?

My poor dog kept on shaking and it happend once but then i figure that it's very serious and dangerous towards her. how can i help her?
Answers:
It could be epilepsy, distemper or even a brain tumor. I would take your dog to a vet, because distemper sad to say is fatal and a brain tumor should be looked at right away. Epilepsy you can take medication for.

I've seen a dog with distemper and it's not pretty. I've also seen a dog with a brain tumor- my dog to be exact. And my Mom's childhood dog had epilepsy.

Has your dog shown any certain kind of symptoms? Like discharge from he eyes and nose, even has the runs. And is lethargic? Lack of apatite?

So take your dog to a vet as soon as possible.

Let us know how your dog is doing later on please and what was causing the seizures.
Take it to a vet, it could have epilepsy.
Take her to the vet, may have epilepsy. Also it may be the dog food for sme odd reason.
this site might help, you out. My dog has seizures too and i never really knew what the problem was, i still don't to this day, and it feaked me out
If it only happens once then it is nothing to worry about. This can happen for all sorts of reasons, and won't do any lasting damage. If your dog has more fits, then you need to see a vet to have a proper diagnosis. If a dog is having a fit, do not try to touch her because shemay become very upset and bite you. You should let her recover in a quiet place for 20 minutes after any fit without fussing around her. This will give her a chance to get her bearings and minimise any stress to her.
Take her to the vet. She could have epilepsy. We had a dog with that and they put her on medication. It helped a lot.
Well its like when humans have siezures- There is an imbalance in the brain. If your dog is having them constantly go to the vet and they can prescribe some meds. You can also change the diet. My dog used to have petite-mal siezures when I would come home from work because of the excitement.
You should contact vet, some poisons cause this reaction as well.
My dog just had a seizure in August. Vet says she has a brain tumor. Take yours to the vet
I don't know how recent this is. My dog has had one due to the heat. . .
Sometimes the seizures are dangerous, and sometimes they're not.
Take the animal to the vet, just to be safe.
I have a beagle that was having seizures when we got her from malnutrition. (We rescued her from a pretty bad situation.) Even though we did what was needed and brought her back up to a healthy weight, she still occasionally has them.
She is on a medication now that she takes daily, and it doesn't happen nearly as much.
But seizures in a dog can be from a variety of reasons, and it needs to be checked out by a vet.
Good luck!
Could be something the dog ate.
I would take her to the vet first of all. There are many reasons for seizure's in animals ranging from epilepsy to head trauma. We had a Chihuahua/terrier mix and my daughter closed his head in the door by accident.he had seizures for a couple of weeks off and on.the vet put him on anti seize meds and he was fine after about a month.

Good Luck
I thought my dog was having seizures, took her to the vet and found out she has heart worms. She had lost much blood that she was fainting. Take it to the vet.

No comments:

Post a Comment