Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What can I expect after having my dog spade?


Answers:
I had my small dog spayed at 7 years old. I can see no changes, other than, when my other dogs come into 'heat' she does not..
and my big males don't pester her nearly as much..(they used to pick on her, year round)

It did take her about 3 weeks to get totally back to her old self, and athletic..She was sore and pouty for about 4 days..
No different than having her spayed. She'll be fine. Just try to keep her quiet for a while after her surgery to let the incision heal properly.
No puppies?
i have had this done 3 times now, the most recent about 1 month ago.

your dog will probably not want anything to eat or drink that first day. she may vomit if she does eat or drink. my vet said only give small amount of water the first day.

she will be sore, but she will wlk a little. just keep her in a quiet place so she can rest. by the second day, she will get around more, maybe eat and drink a little.

after that she will get to normal pretty quick.

she may lick the incision a lot and it may swell up some. don't worry unless she pulls the stitches out, which is unlikely because it is too sore to pull on it much.

if you have any concerns don't hesitate to call your vet.

:o)
A better behaved(SP?) dog. No menses cycle so no dog in heat which is well worth the price right there, and no puppies. A sore dog for a couple of days. But really after the incision heals after a good week or two youll have the same dog just sterile

No comments:

Post a Comment