Friday, July 31, 2009

What do I do if I find a bullseye marking on my dog?

I found what looks like a bite on my Yorkie's stomach. There is a small hole in the center with two red rings around it.
Answers:
seek attention
Ask your vet.
take him to the vets, the area could be infected
Sounds like maybe a spider bite?? I'd have him checked out. Toy breeds can have a tough time if they get an allergic reaction to something. best to get it looked at ASAP.
Take him to Target and try to pass him off as the mascot for ransom.
throw something at it, try to hit the bullseye.
tick bite?
It's most likely a deer tick bite. When a small deer tick bites a dog it usually leaves a bite with red concentric circles around the center bite, like a bullseye. Take him the vet since ticks are known to carry diseases. Hope the little guy is alright :)
SOUNDS LIKE A TICK BITE. GET THE DOG TO THE VET
I am going to guess lymes disease only because when humans are bittenm by ticks and contract the diease, one of the symptoms is a bullseye like mark around the bite area. Take him to the vet.lymes kills animals.
It could be Lyme's disease. I'd go to the vet. for a blood test. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment