Friday, July 31, 2009

What do I do with my dog when it dies?

My dog is getting awfully old, and the time is coming where she will probably pass away next year. I was wondering what do I do with her body after shes passes, because i really don't know what to do with it. Is there a place i can call? IE: the humane society? animal shelter"

we live in south. california

- thanks
Answers:
You can Bury her on your property
or find a cemetery if you prefer.
You can cremate %26 keep the ashes in whatever you choose or dispose of them however you choose.
You can take her to a local Vet or animal shelter %26 ask they dispose her. They will charge a fee.
pet cemetary.look it up in your area.
You could take it to the humaine society or animal shelter and have her cremated, thats what i did, Or you could burry her in a pet cemetery, or even burry her in your back yard. hope i helped.
Oh, please. Dig a hole in the back yard.
Barry it
I had mine cremated..your vet can take care of all the arrangements
Talk to the vet that you've used for her. Ours hooked us up with a cremation service. And I don't know about your bilaws or whatever, but you can probably burry her.
We bury ours in the yard and put a cross on it.
Call the humane society. It is legal in my state to bury your pet in the backyard. I used to do it in Californias over 20 years ago but I don't know if you can anymore. I grew up in Azusa.
Most likely u will have to put her to sleep.Alot of times they hold on so long that they are suffering.So you would take her to your vet. The best thing to do if she dies at home is to bury her in your backyard so you can know where she is. Otherwise call your vet.Good luck
When I lived in Texas, there was a pet cemetary. Call your vet and ask for advice and I'd recommend you do this ahead of time so you're aware of the options.
Hi,
When I had to have my 5 year old lab put down due to canceer we took him to the vet.I dont know what its like in south carolina but he buddy was cremated.I kept the ashes and buried them.That way is costly but the vet can dispose of body aswell,this is cheaper.
I have a new dog now and if she ever dies I will be burying her in my yard.We have llots of property
good luck
you can also buy a tombstone for her. I think it was harriet carter catalog i bought a tombstone from for my 20 year old cat. It is realley nice with an angel cat on top and and inscription on it. it was only like $25
depends how you feel about the dog?1.you could bury the dog.2 you might call animal control and have them dispose of her either way when she passes away don't wait too long.
You mean you don't know? Dude you're from CALIFORNIA- don't you know the "cool thing to do with your pet?" is to freeze dry them in the position you most want them to be in?

Otherwise, pay the 200 and have the body cremated.

Or, if you don't like your neighbor, have your dog put down, then throw the body in the neighbors swimming pool then sue them for killing your dog
Call your local animal control.
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
How sad.
You could get it cremated.
Or you could go to a pet cemetary.
Your vet can probably take care of all the little things.
iti si a matter of what is best for the animal ..if the dog is in pain my friend may i tenderly and gently encourage you to put th dog to sleep i know b/c my dog blew out it's kidney and he was in considerable pain so i have had the misfortune if you will to have to make that type of a decison iknow the local animal shelter will be able to adivse you mine burried my dog for free
i had to put my dog to sleep recently because she was very old and ill. take your dog to the vet. you'll just know when it's the right time - trust me. it's very difficult, but you'll know.
the vet will inject your dog with a drug that will basically stop their heart. i got to be there with her, and hold her. it was very humane, and loving.
my vet asked me if i would like the remains (cremation) in a vase, but it was too hard for me. they took care of the remains.
i live in virginia, by the way. gdbless you.
I burried one of my dogs in the garden where she used to love to play
I'm sorry to hear that your dog is getting old when i was young i had a German Shepard that i grew very attached too but then her old years came it was sad to let har go but we just took her to the vet and they had her cremated.
BURY IT YOU DUMMY!.



P.S. DA
Depending on where you live you can have the choice to bury it where ever you choose or at a pet cemetary. Or most vet offer cremation where when your dog finally passes you can take it there and they can get it cremated and you can get the ashes back.
Bury her in you yard where she played as a dog.
If you live in a place that will be pretty permanent for you, then find your favorite tree or bush, dig a hole underneath it and bury the dog. Or you can buy a pretty bush or small shrub and bury it under that. Or talk to your vet.
Even though burying a dog in your backyard in Cali is illegal, every dog my family has ever owned has been buried in our backyard and we live in Fairfield, CA. So i suggest burying it yourself, just don't make a big deal of it though.
I know my vet took our dog they called the SPCA we had her cremated and when we got her ashes back we took them to her favorite dog park and scattered them there. Some of my friends kept there dogs ashes and placed them on a mantle with a picture of there furrypet. I would talk to your vet about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment