Friday, July 31, 2009

What do I put on a dog's hot spots on it's feet?


Answers:
you can try "bitter apple" - we found it at a local pet store . 10 or less. It puts a bitter taste wherever you spray it. The downside is that it doesn't necessarily last very long (the taste).
Maggie, my lab, fortunately didn't get those on her feet. However, I know you'll get this answer a lot, talk to your vet. A phone call to them doesn't cost much compared to taking the dog into see the doctor. Just explain what's going on and ask if there's a home remedy. If the vet doesn't have one talk to a reputable breeder.
hope this helps, good luck.
Your Vet should be able to help you with this. Call them on monday
Solodene is great 4 hot spots.. its a yellow oil.. apply once a day for 4 days with a cottonball.. sold at K-Mart, Meijer, or any place that sells dog supplies.. maybe 7 or 8 dollars..
you can give your dog Benadryl for allergies. this is most common this time of year for alot of dogs. the pet store carries
a spray : Veternarian's Best. natures care.
for hot spot itch relief spray with tea tree oil %26 soothing aloe. 16 fl.oz. it works great, i use it on my choc. labs feet. i simply spray
it on my hands then rub it on his pads and in between his toes.
repeat as necessary.
Hi!

I have not heard of them coming on the feet. I used Garlic. I rub the area with garlic and they healed. I dont know about the feet, but they normally will not lick!

No comments:

Post a Comment