Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What can i do, my dog keeps peeing on my bed?

I have a rott puppy 6 months old, very good dog listening wise anyways. Well my husband little brother and his girlfriend moved in, and ever since then, that is when she started to pee on our bed.I have washed our bed linens 3 times this week. I think that she is mad b/c someone new is in the house can anyone please help me. I don't know what is wrong.
Answers:
Maybe its not the dog to blame. Maybe somethings going on while you and your hubby are gone and the dog is marking your bed as her territory to keep others away. Dogs tend to protect what is "theirs" and mark only to show boundaries to someone else.
Also, you can't correct the dog if you aren't catching her in the act. Try to keep the bedroom door close off from her.
Shut the door?
get it a cage
put a dog bed in there and after 2 weeks take another step removing the bed form the cage and see if the dog stays if not keep repeating until the dog gets the message
My very first thought would be to close the bedroom door, but maybe I'm over simplifying it.
I do feel that puppies should be kennel trained. We've had a lot of success with that. You might want to look into it. It's not too late to try this with a six month old, even though it would have been better to start earlier.
lock ur door, have the newcomers shower her with love, love her urself, etc. etc. (also, you should wash bed linens twice a week anyway, but i agree that i would be unpleasant to wake up in a wet bed
Sounds like the dog does not have easy access to the outside?
Send him to Korea!!
you're right == she's jealous. smack her one.(a gentle pat is enough) I got a pound dog and apparently someone was rough on him because one day I picked up my backscratcher and he jumped off the bed as if he'd been shot. And one day I said softly and in a teasing voice, oh you've been a bad dog today haven't you? and again right off the bed and I had to beg him to come back.
Try to let yyour dog and those people meet. It may be nervosity. is your dog acting except this, normal?
Sounds like she's trying to show that she's in charge. That or she wants to make the new house members that she is. I wouldn't let her in your bed anymore since she's done it more than once. Rub her nose in it and don't let her in your bed anymore. I had two dogs that chewed up my mattress, my brand NEW mattress. Needless to say they weren't allowed in the bed after that. I hope you find something that works for you.
Is she peeing when you are gone? She's still pretty young and in the training stage. Try taking her outside like three times a day to relieve herself. Maybe she's a little nervous with other people around. In the night keep her in a cage with newspapers.
Get some rubber sheets, you're husband will get a kick out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment