Friday, July 31, 2009

What do I do if my dog is sprayed by a skunk?

Keep in mind..nothing is open except Wal Mart and they don't carry Skunk Off.
Answers:
Tomato juice - LOTS of tomato juice. Saturate his fur with it as thoroughly as possible. Be sure to wear old clothes that you can discard while you're doing this, because whatever you're wearing is going to stink afterward too - Good luck!
Tomato Juice is supposed to do it. Good luck hon!

You might not have tom juice..

Try Baking soda.as MUCh as you have! But I have heard great things about tom juice
shave it, bathe it a few times with dishsoap and lemon juice.
stay as far away from your dog as possible..
I've heard bathing in tomato juice works the best


Good luck!
Nate
Don't let it sleep in the bed.

Shampoo, rinse. Apply vinegar, towel dry.
bathe it in tomato paste, juice.. sounds weird but it works
use tomatoe juice in water, it will help a lot! I had a babysitting kid get sprayed once and brought him in and tried it, I used a large can of tomatoe juice in warm bath water and it took it out enough we could stand him, it was summer and he played outside.later in the day we gave him another bath in it again..slowly it sure helped!
tomato juice no lie i got spayed i went to the hospital "moms idea" and alls they said was take a shower or bath in tomato juice yeah it was groce but it worked o yeah make sure to rinse thourughy or you well die the poor creatures fur .

p.s 15 minutes max.
Kill it! It's of no use to you now!
Give it a bath in tomato juice. Really!
Tomato juice bath. preferably not a v8 cocktail, simple tomato juice (not sauce either) and you'll have to repeat it a few times.
Hmmmm, I'd have sex with it.
Oh, wait, your concern is with making your dog smell normal again.
Sorry, i missread it. My bad. I'm BAT-tarded.
Put tomato juice on him and leave on for two days. Wash him off with DAWN dish soap. If he still smells, rinse him again with lemon juice and hyroden peroixde, then wash again with the dawn and rinse with water.
let him soak in a baking soda wet paste solution for about 15 minutes, rince, wash with tomatoe juice bath, and then a very lite spray of non floral smelling fabriz held about 2 ft from the dog, be careful of the face area, and where he sleeps, i have had one dog that this happened to, he sleeps with me, nothing really takes the smell completely away except time, but this seemed to take the edge off.
I think that tomato juice does I can't remember where I heard it from but give it a shot and the best of luck to you.
try washing him in tomato sauce. I know this sounds odd and messy, but i've heard it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment