Wednesday, July 29, 2009

what can i give my dog for a pulled leg muscle?

she is a 5 pound malteses
Answers:
You can give her some childrens pain meds in a low dose(this is what I've been told for my dog, he's a 2 1/2 lb. maltese).but your best bet is to just see the vet.
Ask Barry Bonds
poor dog. Call the vet and they will tell you what to do, this is a VERY serious matter, your poor dog is in pain at this very second. If you do not know your vets phone number then call 411 and once someone picks up ask them for a vets phone number and they will tell you Then call the vet. But whatever you do, DO NOT give your dog any medicine unless you get the vets approval. Hurry and call the vet!
LISTEN TO ME. I WORK AT A VET OFFICE. DO NOT FEED YOUR ANIMAL ANY TYPE OF HUMAN MEDS. THEY ARE MADE FOR HUMANS. THE ONLY, I REPEAT ONLY TYPE OF MEDS YOU CAN GIVE AN ANIMAL FOR PAIN RELIEF IS ADVIL. NOT ANYTHING ELSE. NOT EVEN IBPROFIN. THAT CAN HAVE SOME REALLY BAD EFFECTS, MAYBE EVEN KILL YOUR ANIMAL. I'D TAKE IT TO THE VET, IT MIGHT NEED AN ULTRASOUND TO MAKE SURE NOTHING WAS TORN.
Listen to Cole and absolutely NO Tylenol!!
you can fill up the tub with warm water.not too hot, but hot enough to help with the injury.add in some (1/2 cup to 1 cup) Epson Salts..and stay there with your dog.and if she likes certain treats.you can get your dog to stay in the water and soak..also.you can massage your dogs leg..

A VET can make sure your dogs leg is not broke.with x-rays.
I would call your vet to ask questions and to have your dog looked at.
CAREFUL !! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SELF DIAGNOSE !!

What I thought was only a "pulled leg muscle" was actually a torn knee ! Thank goodness I rushed my dog off to the vet .. you must do the same . you can't possibly know what part of her leg is actually hurt . but you obviously do know that she's in pain . please take her to the vet asap.
get him/her a nother dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment