Saturday, May 22, 2010

What does your puppy/dog like to chew on the most?

my daughter has a terrier puppy who loves shoes!
Answers:
as gross as it sounds, underwear. dogs are attracted to the sweatest parts of our bodies (ie, why they sniff crotches.) thats why they love shoes as well
Long old socks work really well, or tennis balls, or even sometimes old shoes or stuffed animals
she likes to chew on my slipper!!
Shoes, socks, My baby sisters toys, makeup, rocks, tree branches, paper, pens and pencils, dog toys, stuff animals, pretty much anything in thier reach.
our puppy loves to chew on my hubby's feet!
Washcloths and terry towels. Go figure!
don't let her chew on anything that look like anything real. (tire) nothing he can swallow. my dog loves a ball that squeks with spikes coming out of it.
mine will chew anything she can get her teeth on, telphone cord, stuffed toys, shoes, plastic cups. I try to keep her busy with rawhide.
he likes to chew on my shoes
My dog loves to chew on peanut butter jars.whenever we are finished with one we give it to her. It is also really funny watching her try to stick her snout into it to eat the peanut butter!
plastic - flower pots, empty yogurt containers (the bigger size)
My puppy loves my daughter's old tupperware sippie cup without the lid. He can pick it up and carry it, or roll it around on the floor and chase it, or lay there and chew. And all that money I spend on toys and this fell on the floor one day out of the cabinet and it's been his favorite since.
Everything! Its amazing the stuff she finds. She got into a road flare once, she loves to take the insoles of our shoes out, and carry them around. The other weekend, she discovered the rasberries we're growing, and wants to eat them all the time.

The best thing to do is spray bitter apple (available at pet stores) on everything your dog shouldn't have, and give them the appropriate toys, with praise. (Plastic bottles witht the plastic ring and wrapper taken off are the 'cheapest' toys.)

Pet Co: http://www.petco.com/shop/product.aspx?r.

Pet Smart: http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_d.

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/bitter-apple-for-d.
Well 1 of our dogs love empty plastic pop bottles.
When she gets excited of nervous shell chew the snot out of 1 for about 10 minutes then shell lay down and fall asleep.
our pup was chewing anything she could get her mouth around ,untill we got rawhide bones
whatever he can reach.he doesn't discriminate.:)
couch
She is always grabbing dish cloths, towels and face cloths. She has turned some into rags..also my slippers.I can only find one of each of my 3 pairs of slippers so I am always mismatched.

No comments:

Post a Comment