Sunday, August 2, 2009

What does this mean?

About 10 years ago, while I was walking to catch a bus, I passed a house where there was a German shepherd in the yard. The dog started walking alongside me, and when we got to a crowded area he would growl at anyone who came near me or even passed me on the sidewalk. People started yelling at me to control "my dog", but he was NOT my dog.I had never seen him before. When I got to the bus stop I sat down on a bench and the dog put his front legs up on my lap and just looked into my face. I went into a store, hoping he would go away, but when I went out 10 minutes later he was still there. I sat down again, and again he put his front legs up on my lap. When my bus came, he tried to get on with me, but of course he was shut out. He ran after the bus until he could no longer keep up.

To this day remember this dog and wonder WHY he acted that way.
Answers:
A similar thing happened to me when I was in Italy. There were a group of stray dogs that lived in the village and everyone shooed them away. Every time we walked into the village the dogs would follow us and stay with us and wait for us while we went into the stores.
We were staying in a Franciscan Monastery and I found it strange that the monks would kick @ them and yell "via, Via"( go, go).
S. Francis is the patron saint of animals, no?
We had a campfire in the woods one night and the all-white female dog sat @ the end of the trail with her back to us as if watching out for anything that may come up the trail.
We found out later there were bears and wolves around the mountain.
I beleive some dogs are Angels. Maybe that's why they have been known as man's best friend.
Sounds like that Greman Shephard was your gaurdian that day.
Someitmes we can be entertaining angels unaware of who they are. Obviously, the dog saw something in you, something it liked.
As for the "agression"- you never know, someone could have been lurking after you and the dog acted as if he were yours in order to scare away that person.
I would just be glad for that interaction- indeed very special!!
You must have looked uncannily like his owner.
he loved u.. aww
you could have been reminder the dog about another person or owner that it previously loved or cared about. There must have been a connection or something special about you.You are lucky!
A VERY CUTE special STORY!
maybe you reminded him of someone special he lost long ago. animals are smart. they just cant talk.
Something similar happened to me while on vacation in Spain. Eventually we lost the poor soul.
He was your friend/family in your last life time ! Who recognized you and was Turing to get your attention !
maybe he was treated badly before and wanted to escape and found you as a friend ( remember dogs have an excellent judge of personality
The dog sensed something in you and decided that you were a perfect match to be his owner. As for the protection, the dog mus have thought of you as his property and needed to protect you.

No comments:

Post a Comment