Saturday, May 22, 2010

What dog breed is smart, not too hairy, easy to train and good for first-pet timers?

I'm just a thriteen year-old kid living in a carpeted house, I have three brothers who are going to help me take care of the dog. I'm thinking of a pug or a yellow lab.
Answers:
A Labordor Retriever. The yellow lab, I think would be ideal for you and your family. They are affectionate and very smart. I would stay away from the pugs, because with their squished in nose, they all have some breathing problems.
Pug is the way to go

I have one, Great Dog!!
Jack Russell Terrier
I would say a Schnauzer.

Mine is smart as a tack, doesn't shed, and super simple to take care of.

Grooming is monthly about $45 a month.no biggie.

Mine will even go to her bed when my computer monitor turns off, that's how smart she is, and I didn't even teach her that!
a male miniture doxie.they are smart loyal and very obedient. Mine is 6 months and i had him puppy pad trained in no time. There great.
Smartest dog ever..Border Collie. Easy to train, playful, very attentive to their masters. But..alas.they are a bit hairy. And they are too smart to just ignore. You'ld have to treat it with some respect.

Maybe you ought to get a pug.
I love pugs but pure bred dogs can be expensive. Get yourself along to your local animal shelter. Tell then exactly what your looking for in a dog and they should be able to help you out no bother. I got my greyhound from the NSPCA and I couldn't be happier, they were great and helped so much.
Hope this helps xxx
Pugs are a great idea. They cnat open their mouth very much ( 2 bite you)

Labs shed alot

I, myself, would go for a pug or a shorthaired chihuahua(smart, but a one-person dog usually) so stick with pug
LAB!
they are great pets. they are smart. %26 they are like your best friend
I love the Chihuahua breed. They dont like small Children but they get along with anyone who gives them attention. They are like little babies and love to be covered with blankets. Emily ( My dog) is clean and really smart. She is also my protector. They are very protective of there owners. Plus they are small and they dont shed. Only maintance is there nails and baths ofcourse.
Well My Dog Is A Westie or West highland Terrier . He doesn't shed and is very playful. hes also easy to take care of
Labs are great. They can be great companions for sports, hiking, and playing Frisbee. Unfortunately, they shed a lot, so mom might not be very happy. Pugs are also very fun, but they are small and won't be a good companion for sports and activities. You might really like an older dog from the animal shelter. Often they are already housebroken and are ready to come home and be good pets. Other breeds, or mixes of breed that you might look at, would be golden retrievers, standard poodles (the big ones, about the same size as a lab, athletic, very smart, no shedding at all. If they aren't kept in show coat the hair is very easy to take care of and not ridiculous looking either), Australian shepherds, and if you want something small, miniature schnauzers are wonderful.
Toy Poodle
They don't shed, they're extremely clean, very loyal and extremely loving. I'd swear they are fur people. My poodle potty trained in 2 days! My second one trained in 2 weeks. Both incredibly intelligent. Incredible dogs!
The smartest dog is the border Collie but the hair is a little longer. It's hair is easy to maintain and you can cut it short. 2nd smartest is the poodle but the are too smart for their own good. The standard poodles are a nuisance because they are big and silly. German Shepard's are easy to train and the 3rd smartest but the hair is a problem. Eighth is the Lab easy to train sheds a little but has a good temperament. Also Belgium Shepard's are smart and they have a short hair one. Smaller dogs like Pugs tend to have a little bit of attitude but can also be trained well.
I have either a Black Lab Shepard mix or he is: I am now being told a Belgium Shepard Malinois. He catches footballs or did more so when he was younger like Jerry Rice and he still a great Frisbee dog at 12 years of age.
Pugs are pretty high maintence. you need to clean their face every week and their ears every week or two. They shed a lot. They also do not do well with heat (they dont breath too well). It was hard to tell if you wanted an indoor or our door dog. Pugs are not out door dogs.

labs are a little less trouble to take care of. there are plenty of mixes at the pet shelter, so i would look there!
I think the American Cooker Spaniel is good for the first time pet owners. Just keep the dog in a short cut.
Go with the Yellow Lab they are great dogs and they are highly intelligent, easy to train, very versatile, loving loyal and affectionate. They love the snow and have a good coat to tolerate it. They absolutely love to swim and are the greatest companions. The Pugs do not tolerate the cold and can not be out in the heat. You won't be able to take the pug on long walks they are more of a lap dog. The Lab you can play with, take swimming, go on walks, and they love to play fetch.
only 2 walks a day..get a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment