Saturday, May 22, 2010

What food do you prefer for your own dog?


Answers:
There are many high quality dog foods available these days..I used to feed Nutro Chicken/Rice.My pups grew great, and, as my breed is long-coated, they had gorgeous coats in no time.
However, their teeth were always stained..I never knew why, but they seemed to need constant cleaning, to be ready to show..

So, I switched to Eukenuba, and they had better teeth, and nice coats..but bowels were always loose.

I fed Abady's for 2 litters, and liked what it did for the pups..but it stank..and was too un-handy..

I fed Purina Pro Plan when it came out..Pups did well..no complaints.

However, my supplier recommended Canidae 21/2 years ago..WOW! I never knew that my oldsters could be so rejuvenated! Suddenly they were putting on gorgeous coats, and acting as puppies..full of play..dancing as we walked.It just blew me away.
Then I took a 10 year old to have a cyst removed, and the vet came out amazed at her blood-work..he said that it was that expected in a 4-5 year old.He also said that he always cleans teeth while they are 'under', but that her teeth were absolutely clean..

I took another in to be spayed, at 7 years old, and the vet was amazed at how white and clean her teeth were..and then when he took out stitches..commented that she healed so fast that the incision was already hard to see.

All my dogs have just thrived on Canidae, and I would sure recommend it..It is made from all human grade ingredients, and natural preservatives..
there are other foods that are likely as good..but, as Canidae is easy to find, and they are doing so well, I wouldn't want to switch..
Other great dog foods that you can find most places, are Wellness, Innova, Solid Gold, Wysong, Natural Balance, Royal Canine.
Milk and tortillas
Bil-Jac
you can read about it by:(search bar/type in)
Bil-Jac canine food
Purina Puppy Chow
Anything hollistic. which means all natural. my puppy only eats eagle pack. expensive, but good. don't use Iams or science diet. or anything from a grocery store cuz they are on the black list means bad food. use eagle pack, innova, wellness or Natures variety. vets may recommend science diet, but it's no good. my husband works for a pet food distributor, so I KNOW! vets recommend science diet so animals get sick so they can make money! Eukanuba is also on the black list. it is ground up animals. NEVER USE IT!
Anything without corn!
We feed the kirkland brand - chicken and rice - but supplement with beef, chicken, beef fat, carrots, fresh eggs, and canola oil. Our dogs are young and very active, so the extra protein is definitely used up!
Lamb and rice. Corn causes skin rashes. The vet also recommended trying to cook up 1/3 chicken, 1/3 rice, and 1/3 vegetables. I did this for 2 years and my 2 dogs never had a health problem.
left overs
dog food people food isnt good for dogs and they can get really sick from it
Purina Healthy Weight Beneful
After having used Pedigree for years, I switched to Nutro Natural Choice. My groomer recommended it because she noticed that my dog was biting her skin. I thought it was a nervous habit. After a month of using Nutro, my dog stopped biting her skin and her coat is amazing.
I use Chicken Soup for the Dog Lovers Soul.all holistic. You want to use natural ingredients, no corn, no soyabean, no beet pulp. I have been breeding a larger breed for over 30 years, and found this found great overall, and good coats. Made by the same company by the way that makes Kirkland.
i feed the dog food called chicken soup. the reason being is because it is made with all natural ingredients and my dogs love it. it is not that expensive compared to the other dog foods out there on the market. i breed golden retrievers and this is what i feed my pups when i am weaning them and this is the food they go home with when they are sold. feeding natural ingredients you don't have that many piles of poop in the yard. the better the food the less poop piles you have to pick up. so this is the food i feed and i prefer to use and i would recommend it to anyone.
science diet by hill's my vet recommends it
http://www.hillspet.com/_refacing/utilit.
Eukeneuba. I have 4 dogs. 2 of which are a Dutch Shepard and a German shepard who are trained for law enforcment work and are very high energy dogs that work every day and this food keeps my dogs at peak performance and health. Their are many types of Euk dog food it would depend on your type of dog and i.e Age, Energy level, This food has alot of protein and vitamins and very little or no fillers. Only use dry food. Can dog foods have alot of fillers. Even my 2 smaller dogs' A 2 yr old Dachzund and a 10 mo old Austrailian shepard/ Rotti mix whom both I got from a shelter thrive on this food.
i cook for my dogs . chicken/beef and vegetable's . they also like raw vegetable's . they love green peppers .
Nutro Natural Choice Lamb and Rice or Sensative Stomache. I regularly purchase this brand from Petco for both my cat and dog. Before I switched to a corn-free diet for them, my cat's hair was falling out in clumps, and my dog was having diarrhea. Since changing, both are looking healthy, and there is considerably less pet waste to clean up. Corn-based pet foods provide little nutrition and can be a major cause of allergies in pets.
don't buy iams or science diet. they test on animals! i recommend natural balance brand.
well, for my dogs, a lab/chow mix and 2 pure breed shih tzu's, i give them kibbles-n-bits. and for my puppy, a chow/pitt mix, i give him pedigree puppychow.
I have been a breeder of dogs for the last 20 years.I have always used Supercoat.A great kibble.In the last 6 years I have used Science Diet.Their coats just glisten.And never been sick.You should combine their kibble with some fresh meat.Once a week give them a break from kibble and give them rice and meat.Just to give their kidneys a rest from the high protein of the kibble.You really can't go wrong with any kibble you chose,but remember the cheaper the kibble the lower in quality it is and your dog will have larger stools as they only digest into their system what is needed,the rest comes out the other end.So long as you give them a good kibble and fresh meat,you shouldn't have any problems.
Eukanuba small breed or maximum lamb and rice
Dogs are obligate carnivores and should be fed a diet based on this. I feed my dogs raw and have been feeding raw for over a year. The difference in energy levels, and their nice shiny coats is amazing. Not to mention the small, non smelly, dry feces that is very easy to pick up. They also drink alot less water because they get alot of liquid from the meat that they eat. If for some reason I can not feed raw I would feed Innova EVO or Canidae
Iams big chunks.
Innova

No comments:

Post a Comment