Saturday, May 22, 2010

what hip dyplasia in german shepard pills begin with n?

a man called me with the aswer for a new medine out for dogs that have hip displacement, but i do not known how to get back to him
the medine starts with the letter N !
Answers:
I don't know of a med starting with N that would be used for the pain of HD. Rimadyl and Zubrin are used. What is the grade of the hip dysplasia on your dog? I would start the dog on some glucosamine if you haven't done so already. You can put the dog on Glucosamine with MSM. I like the effectivness of Zubrin over some of the other NSAIDS now for dogs.
NSAIDs Is this what you're talking about? Anti Inflammatory meds?
Bufferin (aspirin) can be given to dogs for pain. Be very careful with NSAIDs (Aleve, Ibuprophen, etc.) because I killed my daughter's little dog by giving him ibuprophen. It shut down his kidneys. Tylenol will definitely kill a dog. Aspirin is the only thing I would feel safe to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment